Emerging Technologies and Digital Marketing – Technology has with its dynamic nature and efficiency changed the face of almost every institution and field we engage with and experience today. Not too long ago, digital marketing was deemed by many to be the future of marketing and enhanced relations with the customer.
Digital marketing is a form of marketing that relies heavily on digital channels to communicate with its audience and these digital channels, in turn, rely heavily on smart, well-functioning, adaptable and reliable technology. It is evident then that technology and digital marketing converge substantially and impact one another.
With constant innovations and changes in technology and new technologies emerging all the time, it is not only interesting but also necessary to see how the emerging technologies play into the field of digital marketing and its future.
Artificial Intelligence In Technologies and Digital Marketing
Emarketer predicts that by 2020, 86.2 % of all digital display ads will be presented and bought through automation. Artificial intelligence and digital marketing are a match made in heaven, each complementing and enhancing the other – a future intermingling that we can neither deny nor avoid.
Applications of Artificial Intelligence in Digital Marketing
- Creation and Curation of Content – Many global brands like Forbes and Washington Post are now using AI technologies like Wordsmith and Heliograf to generate content.
- Voice Searches – Google uses artificial intelligence systems like RankBrain to sort through and deliver search results. An article by Think With Google states that according to their survey, 72% people use voice searches in their day to day activities.
- Chat-bots – Brands like Sephora, Spotify, and Lyft use chat-bots to optimize communication with a large volume of customers and conduct business more efficiently.
- Advertising – Programmatic advertising can be used to buy and sell a business’s inventory using technology. It is an automated process. Google, for example, uses the Google AdWords Programmatic Buying Algorithm.
- Predictive Analysis – AI can be used not only to predict future numbers and potential of the company, but to analyze these future outcomes as well and thereby identify the best actions to be taken in the present.
- Marketing automation – With a reliable and well-functioning AI system, the marketing process itself can be automated to free it of human errors, time and cost in the long run.
Benefits of Artificial Intelligence in Digital Marketing
- Improved Personalization – At this point, the consumer expects the brands to tailor their content and messages according to his or her demographics and interests. According to Gartner, although some form of marketing personalization is bound to be used by 90 % of brands by 2020, producing optimally personalized content is something that most will fail to do. Artificial Intelligence through its machine-learning algorithms, data-driven systems and ability to analyze and refer back easily to consumer data, is capable of producing content that is personalized and optimized and provides the customer with an extremely personalized experience.
- Better Search Experience
- Better User Experience
- Improved Return on Investment – By predicting future patterns based on past ones, reducing resource wastage, identifying optimized content and sales leads, AI can improve the brand’s ROI.
- Better targeting of the audience – Artificial Intelligence can identify and analyze the demographics, interests, etc. of the target audience much more efficiently.
- Increased productivity – By eliminating the need to perform repetitive tasks by turning them over to the software system and the machine’s ability to go through a large volume of work quickly, AI can increase productivity and allow marketers to focus on areas where humans are required like planning strategy and face-to-face communication.
- Reduced data errors – Machines are unbiased and can analyze data, calculate, identify patterns, spot errors and make predictions more accurately, as they function through statistics, facts and algorithms that leave little room for human error.
Application of Internet of Things in Digital Marketing
IoT can be used to help in –
- Personalization of services
- Better and more accurate market research
- It can help identify untapped advertising potential
- Smarter marketing platforms
Augmented Reality + Virtual Reality and Digital Marketing
Virtual Reality is a technology that immerses users in a completely simulated, artificial environment. Augmented reality overlays virtual objects on the users’ real-world environment.
Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality open up multiple new frontiers for digital marketing.
Application of Augmented Reality or Virtual Reality in Digital Marketing
- Interactive advertising
- Interactive shopping
- Immersive storytelling platform
- Truly experiential marketing
With changes and innovations in technology come changes in the methods of marketing, but what is clear is that digital marketing is here to stay – it truly is the future of marketing. Technology, rather than inhibit or militate against digital marketing, will only ensure its growth, efficiency, productivity, potential, and longevity in the years to come.
If you want to ensure efficient digital marketing for your brand backed up by the latest and best in today’s technology, look no further. With several years of experience and goodwill in the industry, we are committed to bringing to your company the best digital marketing experience.