The cases of back pain due to herniated disks have increased. It occurs whenever a spinal disk’s soft center slips out of its normal casing. The following occurrence impacts the nerves surrounding the area, increasing the risk of numbness, muscle weakness, and pain around the limbs. Even though the herniated disk is very painful in many instances, there are various treatment options to treat the condition. For instance, the patients suffering from Fair Lawn herniated disc have sought treatment and recovered fully. The following is the crucial information that everyone should understand regarding herniated disks.
The condition occurs when the soft internal section of the disk slips through a crack in the disk’s fibrous lining. The following are the conditions that accelerate the risk.
· Wear and tear. The gradual wear and tear are caused by repetitive movements that people have over time.
· Age. It triggers the condition because the spinal disks become drier and weaker as the person ages.
· Medical conditions. Some medical conditions decrease muscle strength, increasing the risk of suffering from the condition.
· Genetics. The following is a condition that can be inherited from parents
· Smoking. It usually weakens the strength of the muscles, increasing the risk.
· Weight. When the person is overweight, it exerts extra pressure on the location, increasing the risk.
You can reduce the risk of suffering from herniated disks by applying the following measures.
· Avoiding heavy lifting objects and maintaining the right posture when lifting them through bending and lifting them from the knees and not the waste
· Quit smoking
· Engage in exercises to strengthen the muscles around your back, abdomen, and legs.
· Avoiding painful movements and visit a doctor if the symptoms happen
· Managing your weight.
· Avoid sitting for long. Try getting up and stretching after some time.
The specialists can use the physical to check the condition. The physical tests include;
· The patient’s muscle strength.
· The individual’s sensitivity to touch.
· The person’s pain location
· The patient’s reflexes.
· How fast the patient moves
Since some conditions could have similar conditions, the doctor can use the imaging test to increase the accuracy of the results. The following common imaging tests;
· CT scans
· X-ray scans
· MRI scans
The following are the treatment options you can choose from;
· Physical therapy. If it is done by a professional, it will help to relieve nerve pain.
· Conservative treatment (No operative management). It involves rest and medications.
· At-home traction devices. These gadgets help to relieve the extra pressure which could have been exerted on the nerve.
· Surgical procedures. They can be used to treat the condition if the rest measures have failed.
· Cortisone injections. They are injected into the patient’s spine to offer them long-term relief.
Have you been suffering from herniated disks but the natural measures failed? You should not give up because Alliance Spine Associates is here to serve you. The facility has a team of specialists who collaborate to offer personalized patient care based on the condition. Visit the facility today and mark the end of your suffering.